NCA's High School students are all 4-year college bound. As such, students take not only required a-g courses (UC required courses), but additional years in those subjects.
In the final two years of high school, students in Grades 11 and 12 take IB courses. All students are encouraged to earn the IB Diploma by completing the CAS (Creativity, Action, and Service), Extended Essay (a 14-page research paper), and TOK (Theory of Knowledge) requirements. For more information on the IB Program, please visit www.ibo.org.
The following lists what NCA does differently to improve student engagement, learning, and achievement.
- AP, Honors, and IB Courses are available for students
- IB Diploma Programme is the Junior/Senior year standard
- Most students take advanced courses in a-g subjects
- All NCA graduates matriculate to at least a UC school
- Average SAT score of 1390 for senior class
Chapel is required, and online devotions are completed daily
Each grade is assigned a class advisor - a teacher who will guide and mentor the students throughout their HS years