As much as NCA's High School program prepares students to thrive in collegiate settings, NCA's Middle School years help students prepare for successful high school learning. The focus is to develop effective study habits and accumulate foundational skills needed to succeed in high school.
Students are guided to develop habits such as note taking across all subjects, consistent time-management, successful handling of tasks and assignments, and relational skills that invite support from teachers and peers.
The following lists what NCA does differently to improve student engagement, learning, and achievement.
- College prep courses are made available to high performing MS students
- All students take core subject courses and a foreign language course (Korean, Spanish Ab Initio, etc.)
- A wide variety of clubs and extracurricular activities are made available for students
- Each grade is assigned a class advisor - a teacher who will guide and mentor the students throughout their MS years
- HS Shadow Days allow MS students to take a look into the daily life of an older student
- Chapel is required, and online devotions are completed daily